Forum Privacy ?

If you require computer advice or just have a suggestion for improving the web site or forum post it here.

Moderator: Azz25

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Forum Privacy ?

Postby Johnpike » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi All,

Perhaps if the Forum was members only especially on club waters sections more members would be willing to discuss there catch from club venues with other members.:P

Instead of the forum being public allowing everyone to know whats happening with the club and its members. :(

More members may be more willing to use the forum.:roll:

The Clubs website should be enough to attract new members without everyone knowing whats happening in the club. :)

Just a thought :P

What do other members think on this? :?:
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 pm

The vast majority of members simply don't use the forum.
Some of those that do,prefer to keep their catches to themselves and that's their perrogative.
The Website is, as you say a good tool for attracting new members but the Forum allows prospective members( who register) to interact and ask questions.
The members only section can not be seen by non ABAC members and if members wish some privacy,it can be used.We also have a Private messages option.
There is also a Night permit anglers section that is also private but not often used.
These two sections are permission only area"s and have to be authorised by me
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

MICKFW
New forum member
New forum member

Postby MICKFW » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi Peter,
I have been a night fishing member for 3 years but I can't find how to access the night members forum.
Cheers Mick

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 pm

It does not get used a lot but if you PM me your night permit number I will add you to the permissions for that part of the forum.
It can only be accessed and seen by forum members who have been granted permission and who are signed in to the forum.
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Return to “Help and Suggestions”