Membership renewals.........

Post anything on here thats not fishing related, provided its clean and legal.

Moderator: Azz25

steve abac

Membership renewals.........

Postby steve abac » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 am

Membership renewals will take place on tuesdays from the 22nd of March till the 4th of May between 7 and 9pm. Memberships must be paid in full prior to april the 1st as the codes on the gates will be changed April 1st.

Aswoodbank Commitee
Last edited by steve abac on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Steve,
21 March is a Monday not a Tuesday. Can you confirm the dates please.

Thanks,
Stu

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

subs night

Postby honsec » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Stu,

You are correct.

We will be collecting subs at the Rocklands Club from 7pm starting on Tuesday 22nd of March.

ALL MEMBERS please note that you must pay your ABAC subscriptions before fishing on any ABAC club waters.

Nigel

Club Secretary
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

drynet
New forum member
New forum member

Postby drynet » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Im confused?Says in club rules ,annual subs due after agm.and paid by 2nd Tuesday in May,Which is the tenth.After which you have to pay a rejoining fee.So i assume youre a member up until then? So surely gate codes should change on May 10th. not April 1st? Am i missing something??

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:05 pm

If you read your membership card it states your membership expires on the 01/04/2011.
The definition of expire from the cambridge dictionary means :-
If something which lasts for a fixed length of time expires, it comes to an end or stops being in use.
Which means your not allowed to fish any Astwood Bank water after 01/04/2011 unless you have renewed.
You have up untill the 2nd Tuesday in May to renew so you do not have to pay a rejoining fee, but your not allowed to fish the waters from the 01/04/2011 as your your membership has expired.
I love my job it pays for my fishing

4579andrew
New forum member
New forum member

Postby 4579andrew » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 pm

i dont wanna renew as im not even a member yet bu i do wanna become a new member.so what should i do?can some one send me a form of somethink like that if so can the form be for eversham vale aswell please as i would like to join that too.
thanks andy
the sharper carper

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:05 pm

I will contact you shortly andrew ive got your number and your name is on the list for the vale.

4579andrew
New forum member
New forum member

Postby 4579andrew » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:16 pm

cheers chris
the sharper carper

steve ward
New forum member
New forum member

membership

Postby steve ward » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 pm

In reply to Chris re-expired membership.
It does not state in the club rules that you can not fish while waiting to renew your membership between the last day of march and the date in May and does not use the word expired either. So I am in agreement that the gate combo's should not be changed until after the final renewal date in May. All you are doing is alienating some members by changing the gate numbers a little earlier than necessary when after the date in May they wont be able to get in and will also incur a joining fee as well.
Or you could make the club rules read as the membership card does.
You have not expired your membership you are just taking advantage of the extra time given to you to pay your fees which is the club rule.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:57 pm

On your membership card it clearly states membership expires on the 01/04/2011 which means you are no longer a current member after this date. I dont see why it should have to be in the club rules. If a water bailiff asks for your card and the membership card has expired, that bailiff has the right to ask you to leave.

You wouldnt drive your car if your road licence had expired !

What are other members views on this.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 am

Ever since i joined the club i have always made an effort to rejoin straight after the agm as i always prefer to get it out the way , i do mine through post as i am never able to make it to the agm. As regards to expirey dates etc i would have to go with the card as this is what should be with you at all times when fishing any abac water, this is your membership card after all and anywhere else whatever the card says would be final! I know there may be reasons for people leaving it so late to rejoin but surely its not to much of a problem to get your ticket renewed as soon as agm has passed, it just saves any hassel, simples!!
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

sailfish

Postby sailfish » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm

The club is built around the club rules not the membership card. If a club rule needs to be changed, and in this case there is arguments for and against, then it should be on the agenda at the AGM. The members can then have their say and vote. If members cannot have a voice and a vote on issues such as club rules then what is the point of going to the AGM. :?

drynet
New forum member
New forum member

Postby drynet » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:53 pm

I understand my permit expires,but i used to pay my EA rod licenses in March and then my ABAC after getting paid the end of April.It helps to spread cost a bit.Now with April 1st expirey by not paying before this date youre penalised and loose a months fishing.even though intending to renew membership,within permitted time scale of renewal dates.

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Sorry, but I disagree. You have to have a line somewhere, so if you haven't paid you shouldn't fish. Try that with the cops and your car insurance and see what happens.

You can't have your cake and eat it! :roll:

jon burton
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby jon burton » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Fact: i think you will find the club is built around a constitution which can only be amended as a vote through the agm by members. No where in the club rules does it state that the you can fish throughout the grace period.
The dates are given to allow time for people to renew as not everyone can renew straight away. Unfurtunately some members seem to think they have the right to fish through this grace period without being a fully paid up member.
Do you have a grace period with your EA rod licence i think not you dont pay your EA licence you SHOULDNT fish.
Take a look at your membership card that will tell you exactly when membership expires 01/04/2011.

Scenario: Take a new member who joins for the first time say on 1st April and the lock codes were not changed and they were still on previous combination, in there new booklet states there new code, how happy are they going to be when they cannot get in to a venue to fish. The headache for the comittee to let every new member the old code its not worth the time and effort, im sorry but its just not going to happen. i would rather be doing something constructive for the club. i can give lots of reasons just far to many to mention.

Oh and just to mention letting non members/non piad up members the codes to our venues is deemed a serious case of rule breaking and will be dealt with seriously.

There are mixed views from previous posts from members and the majority agree to no fishing without paying.
Skilts/river arrow bailiff

Return to “General”