How many members visited the forum in the past 24 hours.....

Post anything on here thats not fishing related, provided its clean and legal.

Moderator: Azz25

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

How many members visited the forum in the past 24 hours.....

Postby Stu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:30 pm

As of this evening, 10 members had visited the forum in the past 24 hours. :shock: :shock: :shock: At this rate we might even get a few more topics posted..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyway, the visiting stalwarts were (in the order shown on screen);

BigBadWulf, Cyprio, Diwrnach, Felix, geoff, mcgrumpy1, mick foreman, nrt, steve abac, Stu

A big round of applause to us then!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah, I normally check in at least once a day. Then on to the Pajero Owners Club forum.......

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Pajero owner hey..... I was only thinking of those yesterday, as someone told me that their snorkels are a reasonable fit for a Frontera.

Although I generally try to avoid driving it into any of our club waters!!! :oops: :oops: :lol:

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 am

Great site :!: :D

It would be really nice to see more member’s pics and catch reports.

Can anyone advise me how to get a picture into the gallery, I sent both Paul Webster and Steve Burton a photo to put in the gallery but nothing has happened so far!

Keep on posting folks! :D
I'd rather be fishing!

Diwrnach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Diwrnach » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Felix wrote:Yeah, I normally check in at least once a day. Then on to the Pajero Owners Club forum.......

Haha, I usualy check here then go to the Mitsubishi L200 owners club forum after :lol:

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Stu wrote:Pajero owner hey..... I was only thinking of those yesterday, as someone told me that their snorkels are a reasonable fit for a Frontera.

Although I generally try to avoid driving it into any of our club waters!!! :oops: :oops: :lol:

Had a Frontera Sport before moving onto the Pajeros. Fell out with it after the brakes failed on the Holloway @ Alvechurch. Pajero build quality is much better.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Felix wrote:Had a Frontera Sport before moving onto the Pajeros. Fell out with it after the brakes failed on the Holloway @ Alvechurch. Pajero build quality is much better.

I have a 2.5TD LWB on a 97/P plate. Bought it very nearly 10 years ago with next to no mileage on the clock at a third of the new price. Despite all the misuse it's had over the past decade, it's generally been very reliable and cheap to maintain even when I do go through the fords a little too quickly and suck a load of water into the airbox or run it on neat veg oil!!! It is showing its age now and I've had to do some remedial work, including fitting a newly refurbed set of wheels as the originals were severely corroded. It also helps having a good mechanic - Daz, who is also a ABAC member. :D

I'll probably get something newer in the next year or so (got to replace the wife's car first) but I'll probably keep this as my fishing/camping/DIY bits/cr*p to the dump workhorse!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:27 pm

geoff wrote:Great site :!: :D

It would be really nice to see more member’s pics and catch reports.

Can anyone advise me how to get a picture into the gallery, I sent both Paul Webster and Steve Burton a photo to put in the gallery but nothing has happened so far!

Keep on posting folks! :D

Geoff,
If the hardcore few keep posting items then maybe, just maybe, the forum will get a bit more traffic.

As for the gallery, I think only Steve can upload the photos onto the website. Steve took over the admin role from Paul - does anyone know where Paul is? :?:

However, it's fairly easy to add photos to the forum. Save your photos onto your PC. Go to Photobucket (a photo-sharing website), open an account - it's free, and upload your photos to Photobucket, which is really easy. You can then do lots of extra things if you feel like it, such as adding text - see the photos I put on the River Arrow board.

You can then use the Photobucket image code to insert a copy of the image into a message on the forum. All you would do is click the "Img" button - it's above the bit where you type your text - and paste the code from the Photobucket site for the particular picture into your message. While you are entering it will look something like....

but once the message is submitted, it will load the image across like....

I hope that helps! :wink:

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Uploading photo's

Postby geoff » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:49 am

I wondered if you could use Photobucket, let's give it a try.

Well that seems to work ok, thank's Stu. :D

Now all I need to do is catch some decent fish on ABAC waters :!: [-o<
I'd rather be fishing!

Diwrnach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Diwrnach » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am

Stu wrote:
Felix wrote:Had a Frontera Sport before moving onto the Pajeros. Fell out with it after the brakes failed on the Holloway @ Alvechurch. Pajero build quality is much better.

I have a 2.5TD LWB on a 97/P plate. Bought it very nearly 10 years ago with next to no mileage on the clock at a third of the new price. Despite all the misuse it's had over the past decade, it's generally been very reliable and cheap to maintain even when I do go through the fords a little too quickly and suck a load of water into the airbox or run it on neat veg oil!!! It is showing its age now and I've had to do some remedial work, including fitting a newly refurbed set of wheels as the originals were severely corroded. It also helps having a good mechanic - Daz, who is also a ABAC member. :D

I'll probably get something newer in the next year or so (got to replace the wife's car first) but I'll probably keep this as my fishing/camping/DIY bits/cr*p to the dump workhorse!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only just got my L200, and yet to take her off-road, know they are extremely capable, just a bit nervous about doing it with a just purchased 15k vehicle lol.

Kinda hope it snows this year, saw a video of someone in a L200 on a car park last year that was a sheet of ice, put it 4wd and the traction thingy on and booted it and it just went round and round in a circle without any slip at all, amazing.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Photo's

Postby Cyprio » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Cheers for the detailed info on posting photo's stu, im sure it will help a fair few of us out. It will also give chris a break from me sending him photos to put on for me , can do it myself now , got a bit of a back log of pics to post. Cheers again, Cyprio.
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Works much better for the forum as it keeps the servers workload down - more file space and available bandwidth. :wink:

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Yeah , thats what i thought!!!!?????
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Re: Uploading photo's

Postby Stu » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Geoff and Cyprio,

No problem guys. Glad it helped.... and if it means the forum gets a bit more use then so much the better.

Geoff, that's a nice enough carp there!!!

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Diwrnach wrote:Kinda hope it snows this year, saw a video of someone in a L200 on a car park last year that was a sheet of ice, put it 4wd and the traction thingy on and booted it and it just went round and round in a circle without any slip at all, amazing.

Daz and me had a bit of fun in the snow in our motors a winter or so back on a local field. He was in his Shogun which was doing fairly good donuts while I left the Fronty in rwd and had it going round on the front axle, while creating a blizzard behind! Great fun, but was I dizzy by the end!!! :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Return to “General”