A great day at Skilts

New Pool

Moderator: Azz25

Guzzunda
New forum member
New forum member

A great day at Skilts

Postby Guzzunda » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:44 am

got there for 8:00am set up on peg 3 ,I planned to fish the pole and method on the feeder...
plumbed up for about 13m out to realise that it was a good 10/12ft deep! the biggest float i had was a 0.5 :roll: + I'm not very experienced at those depths pole fishing,but hey nothing ventured and all,so potted in a 250ml of micros in GB and had a go with my 0.5 rig,decided to feed some corn in a nice looking spot in the margins on my right,whilst mucking about at 13m out looked over to the margin line and it was stuffed full of hungry carp chomping away on the corn ,so abandoned the long pole and started pulling lumps out of the margin ,had several commons around the 4/5lb mark and a couple of nice lower doubles..they just kept coming !! After a couple of hours it died down a bit
So went back on the pole but decided to fish 7/8m out which was about 6ft depth (more suited to the rig I had) fed micro's in GB with 6ml expanders on top and it was a fish a chuck!!! loads of small tench some 3/4lb bream a few chunky F1's and more 2/3lb carp...fantastic :D by now it was 02:00 and things were quieting down ,went back on the margin line and pulled a few more our before calling it a day
so altogether a really great morning I caught really well
common carp
mirrors linear
crucian
F1's
Tench
bream

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Good session

Postby honsec » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Glad to hear you had a good session and shared your method/catch with us all.
It is a good :D walk but well worth it when you can get such a mixed bag of fish.
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Sounds like you had an enjoyable days fishing,only wish I could manage that hill. 8)
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

ThinkTurbo
Forum member
Forum member

Postby ThinkTurbo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:56 pm

I didn't mind the hill, walked a lot further when in Studley club!, so glad I joined this club, only ever been a river man, but these variety of pools and fish are awesome.
And the members I have chatted too on here or in person are all very pleasant.
Roll on next week and some half term fishing with the lad....
Living the Dream!

Guzzunda
New forum member
New forum member

Postby Guzzunda » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:33 pm

well went back today and fished peg 11..
It was a carp carp carp day (did I mention carp :wink: )
same tactics... 6ml expanders micro's dusted with krill powder,fed a margin line and a 7/8 mtr line straight out ,caught really well on the long line all morning ,solid carp nothing else (not complaining ! ) the margin didn't produce very well from this peg(for me anyway) but mind you it's very weedy around the margins there and not so easy to pick the right spot
caught this little beauty..... A ghosty ??
Image[/img]

ThinkTurbo
Forum member
Forum member

Postby ThinkTurbo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:20 am

Carp festival, nice one matey
Living the Dream!

Return to “Skilts Pool”