catch reports

New Pool

Moderator: Azz25

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

catch reports

Postby honsec » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I know lots of you have fished our new pool, but where are the reports of your catches? what baits? which method? what pegs are doing well?

Is it because the next club match is here?
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Im not telling then :lol:
Saying that i dont know anyway.
I love my job it pays for my fishing

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Had a couple of hours there this morning and did better than my last visit :)
Fished pole on peg 25 by the bushes and had as many perch as you want on maggot and some decent roach which seemed to prefer casters.
Also had a couple of carp and tench on corn a bit further out on the pole and another carp further out on the feeder.
All in all a very nice couple of hours and the walk up the field means I won't need to go the gym this week :lol:

matynC
New forum member
New forum member

This pool is Gr8

Postby matynC » Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

I just love pegs 6.7.8 Carp, wonderful tench, roach, perch.
Using feeder or corn. keep it simple...! :lol:
Tried pegs 23, 27, not so great.
Shame that most larger carp seem malformed around the mouths

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 pm

You are right about the larger carp and their damaged mouths.
Unfortunately this is a result of former times (before Matchbox had the pool) when every kid in town used to fish there and they all used the same method. Floating a slice of bread on a minimum size 8 hook and striking as hard as possible before dragging the fish in as quickly as possible and yanking the hook out.
A real shame but at least there is now a really nice mix of species and I can see this pool being one of our most popular :D

rooksta
New forum member
New forum member

Postby rooksta » Tue May 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi all,
80% of the bad mouth carp have now been removed. in addition,a top up of fish including Carp, Bream, F1's, & tench were added.

There is still the odd angler who strikes at a bite as if they were sea fishing. This is not acceptable.

The welfare of the fish is at the forefront of the club.

Anyone seen to be neglecting the best interests of our fish will be dealt with accordingly.

It is in the members interest to report any foul play to the pool bailiff/ official.

rooksta
New forum member
New forum member

Re: This pool is Gr8

Postby rooksta » Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 am

matynC wrote:I just love pegs 6.7.8 Carp, wonderful tench, roach, perch.
Using feeder or corn. keep it simple...! :lol:
Tried pegs 23, 27, not so great.
Shame that most larger carp seem malformed around the mouths

MatynC- Glad to hear your liking Skilts. Reference the pegs. It really depends on the weather mate and which way the wind blows. 6,7,8 are towards the shallower side so when it warms up they seem to fish well.

I really like pegs 21 onwards to be honest mate. This is the deeper side of the pool and if you fish just over the first ledge at around 8-9 mtrs out you find a good head of quality roach and tench. I've found casters or pinkies to work well with hemp over the top.

I've always had a good head of carp using small cubes of luncheon meat. My ground bait mix if I want to over feed the silvers is a mix of super cup/ gold pro with brasem and a bit of mole hill.

A major key to Skilts is finding the ledges. Since we took over Skilts we have not had a prolonged amount of warm weather(cold nights) so the margins are not currently fishing . If you find the drop offs then you will score well.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 am

I heard someone managed to get there car stuck and had to be towed out, how did they manage that !!!!!!
I love my job it pays for my fishing

rooksta
New forum member
New forum member

Postby rooksta » Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 am

Chris Burton wrote:I heard someone managed to get there car stuck and had to be towed out, how did they manage that !!!!!!

I was doing some graft along with being in the pool re- floating island and fencing etc. me car got stuck. That what happens when you have a DSG gearbox. Lol

My mate Steve burton pulled me out. Top lad !

You gotta laugh ain't ya . Lol

JimP
Forum member
Forum member

Postby JimP » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Just back from my first session at Skilts, had. Good couple of hours, caught a couple of nice Crucians, some roach and 5 or 6 carp to 5lb at 8 metres on the pole, nice place to fish, shame about the walk!!!!

Jim

Michael John
New forum member
New forum member

Skills pool

Postby Michael John » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi every one
Fished peg 3 on three different occasions , maggots gets roach,perch,the odd carp and bream .pellets gets good roach small tench, and better carp
I fish this at about 7 mts out at about 5.5. - 6ft on the pole using a 4x4 long bristle float on the drop in the margin to the right about 1 foot max from the bank fished with a very small dibbler self cocking but with a swan shot on bottom to keep the bait stable I have had lots of good carp to 8-9 lbs and plenty of carp to the 4-5lbs bracket on the paste ,5maggots also 8mm pellets
Great alround venue .
Thighs lines
John.
Pleasure fishing or match

Return to “Skilts Pool”