First Time at the Pool.

New Pool

Moderator: Azz25

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

First Time at the Pool.

Postby Johnpike » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Fished Skilts Pool for the first time today Tracey had 2 commons. I had 1 common, 2 Tench & a Roach from the Pool We fished the float with expander pellets & corn. A bit of a cold East wind today but that didn't stop the carp feeding at the pool. We even seen some deer on way back to car park.
Its A nice pool thought the wooden pallet pegs are a bit rickety an rotten so care must be taken on some of them. Will fish it again soon :-)
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

13/10/15

Postby Johnpike » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:48 pm

We fished Skilts Pool again to day after having a nice afternoon yesterday at the pool. Its a Nice lake with 30 pegs Ideal for float or Pole fishing.

The weather as yesterday at the pool was sunny but with a bitter cold north east wind. Nice pool little bit of a walk from the car park but well worth the effort though.

There was also another member fishing at the pool on the pole the same guy who was at the pool yesterday fishing peg 30. Today he was fishing peg 3 and was doing well on maggots.

My wife and I both fished the same peg as yesterday peg 5 on the float rod with expander pellets & corn.

My wife lost two carp at the pool on corn. I had some roach between 2oz & 6oz & one Bream of 2lb10oz all on expander pellets.
:D

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

24/10/15

Postby Johnpike » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Fished Skilts Pool today Peg 3 14:15pm-18:00pm 14c NE/NW wind Showers.
Took shelter under the Hut at the pool till rain eased off. Fished 1 ledger rod & 1 Float rod. Baits Expander Pellets, RJL Baits TF1 16mm Boilies & My own Dram 14mm Boilies. I Getting knocks on the Ledger but no takes. On the Float rod hooked in to a decent carp on Expander Pellets but lost the fish when the hook pulled just before netting. Second fish I hooked on my float rod was trying something different instead of using expander pellets, I side hooked a Dram boilie. I had a good run off another carp but again lost the fish just before netting. I tried this method again and this time caught my first carp on my own boilies a Mirror my first and best mirror from the lake at 9lb2oz. My next fish was a 5lb10oz mirror on my ledger rod using a RJL Baits 16mm TF1 boilie.

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Postby honsec » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Glad you are enjoying this pool, a good walk but worth it. Fished peg 12 in our recent match there, fed white maggot, pole fished double red a little over depth at about 7 foot. Had 7 carp, some skimmers, roach and perch and weighed in over 31 pounds.

Nigel
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Return to “Skilts Pool”