Why I joined ABAC?

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

ThinkTurbo
Forum member
Forum member

Why I joined ABAC?

Postby ThinkTurbo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:04 am

I joined this club because of the pools and river venues advertised I there fancy handbook.
On visiting there venues, some pools are shocking waste of time.
I can pull 30lb in two hrs from most venues as a novice which i Am!
But come on ABAC don't give us places which are not worth bothering with, let's have some more River venues than pools that waste are time!
Living the Dream!

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Postby honsec » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:34 pm

If you feel some of our pools "are a shocking waste of time" and "not worth bothering with" perhaps you should attend one of our committee meetings to explain your views and what and how we can improve. We are all mebers of ABAC, the committee only manage on behalf of the members so we need feedback.

We have limited funding and resources and have to prioritise which venues get worked on, specially if we are at the end of our lease agreement. We do not want to waste time and money only to be told the lease will not be re-newed the following year.
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Re: Why I joined ABAC?

Postby Cyprio » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:39 pm

ThinkTurbo wrote:I joined this club because of the pools and river venues advertised I there fancy handbook.
On visiting there venues, some pools are shocking waste of time.
I can pull 30lb in two hrs from most venues as a novice which i Am!
But come on ABAC don't give us places which are not worth bothering with, let's have some more River venues than pools that waste are time!

Perhaps instead of writing these pools off as "a shocking waste of time" you might want to have a hard look at the tactics and approach that you have been using , if we all jumped to these conclusions so quickly then fishing would no longer exist.
The club offers pools and stretches of river to cater for most abilities , and for a club of this size and in the area it's in it does a damn good job of doing this. A lot of time has been spent through the winter on wood bev replacing stages and making it a safer place to fish for all members!
The fish are in there as previous posts have demonstrated , it's just a case of "adapt and overcome" rather than slating these places as a shocking waste of time , that's just bad angling in my opinion.
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Re: Why I joined ABAC?

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:37 am

ThinkTurbo wrote:I can pull 30lb in two hrs from most venues as a novice which i Am!

We'll if you can do 30lb in 2hrs I'd love to know where you've been fishing as some of the matches held on the commercials don't do that in a 5hr match.

If the members are all willing to pay £150 a year for membership the committee will happily fill the lakes in with fish to cater for the anglers who don't understand the aspect of fishing.

Fishing is not all about going out and catching 50lb of fish every time you visit a water.

If you think you can go on a river and catch 30lb + of fish in 2 days (and yes 2 days) I know your very much mistaken as you will struggle to do 3lb in a couple of days.

Have a go on Abbots Salford pool and let us know how you get on.
I love my job it pays for my fishing

RichT
New forum member
New forum member

Postby RichT » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:16 pm

I've been a member for a few years but have never posted to the forum. This one has stirred me into action. WB might be difficult, but there are some of us from the pre-commercial age who remember when most places were and the pleasure in catching something that took real angling skill. I visit WB when I need that challenge and the fish I remember the most from last year was a stonking and hard earned bream I had from this venue. We need a variety of venues and ABAC provides that, all at great value in my opinion.

cornbury
New forum member
New forum member

Postby cornbury » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi. I have also posted very little on this site.But I have to say of the various venues I have fished they offer different things.Lots of easy fishing at Bradley Green but still great fun.Steady at AV not easy but a challenge,nice walk? And plenty of variety at Skillts.
I do not want to fish commercials and try and con myself that I am a great fisherman (which I am not ).i want a bit of a challenge and ABAC gives me that on the cheap.Even a bit of river fishing which to me is a nice walk/day out and if am lucky the odd fish.
Just enjoy and do not take it so seriously.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:22 pm

I've just noticed a good bag of mainly Crucian Carp on the photo gallery. Having a bag like this from a commercial venue would be hard to find.

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 pm

All the water and all the options abac offers for a very small anual fee and if it's a bend in the rod you want then Bradley green alone has to be worth the money.!
You couldn't visit comercial waters to many times before you have laid out the abac fee.!
All venues will have there bad days no matter how good they are.!

Abac...doing a great job..!!
I'm not even a member

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Wood Bevington

Postby honsec » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Getting support from our members makes the work we do on committee worth while. :D

It is also nice to see new forum users voicing their opinions.

I have always considered angling as a pastime not a sport and apart from matches catching fish is a bonus to a relaxing day out in the fresh air.
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Chris Burton wrote:I've just noticed a good bag of mainly Crucian Carp on the photo gallery. Having a bag like this from a commercial venue would be hard to find.

Here is the Crucian catch taken by baillif John Bennet.
Yes its nice to see a few new names making posts on the forum.

Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:37 pm

I've got to say I've never wet a line in Wood Bev but I do know what has been stocked into the pool over the years, which is a lot of fish. I must try and get an afternoon/evening in soon.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Me too Chris,and I will enjoy it regardless of the amount or size of fish I catch. 8)
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Andyfv1
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Andyfv1 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Well its called fishing not catching!!!! EVERYONE blanks now and then

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:32 pm

If fishing was that easy we would soon get bored of it.

browning27
New forum member
New forum member

Postby browning27 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:36 am

what a ridiculous statement! like somebody said above look at the tactics you are using and baiting approach, cant just come on here slating the club. for £50 odd pound a year to have access to all these pools all year round, bargain in my book.

Return to “Wood Bevington”