Why I joined ABAC?

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Come on Turbo! The blank days are what make you remember the "good" days.
I have blanked pretty often at Wood Bev because I am still a novice when it comes to pole or even float fishing but I have also had a few gorgeous crucians and the odd nice bream and tench (still cannot catch any of those carp that keep cruising round though [-o< )
I hope your post was put up just after another blank and was born of frustration and that you have now calmed down a bit.
My tip for Wood Bev? I only go when the sun is shining so that I can get a sun tan while I blank :wink:

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Pete Hill wrote:Come on Turbo! The blank days are what make you remember the "good" days.
I have blanked pretty often at Wood Bev because I am still a novice when it comes to pole or even float fishing but I have also had a few gorgeous crucians and the odd nice bream and tench (still cannot catch any of those carp that keep cruising round though [-o< )
I hope your post was put up just after another blank and was born of frustration and that you have now calmed down a bit.
My tip for Wood Bev? I only go when the sun is shining so that I can get a sun tan while I blank :wink:

Nice one Pete.
It would seem that the vast majority of our members are "pleasure anglers" and although I often put a fair bit of time in in the persuit of bigger specimens I definately put myself in this catergory,of course we all want to catch a few fish but PBs,Targets and catching the most in a given time is not the be all and end all for a lot of us,nothing wrong with it for those who follow that path but lets not decry any of our venues just because they do not match your individual criteria to the letter,remember we are all different and thats not a bad thing.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

ThinkTurbo
Forum member
Forum member

Postby ThinkTurbo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Well I did state I'm a novice, as I haven't been fishing for 20 years, but since starting up in sept last year, and watching many fishing DVDs, I have caught many fish on all types of methods in river and commercial. So I know how to catch in very different places. Yes I have also blanked many times as we all do.
I am a member of ABAC and BAA so I get a lovely range of pools and rivers.
I was just stating WB has blanked me many times, on many methods, so that's why I commented as I did!
To be told I don't know what I'm doing, I think you should go down there and try and post RECENT catches, then maybe I'll rescind my comment.
Living the Dream!

Sninwiz
New forum member
New forum member

Nice few hours

Postby Sninwiz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm

I just joined the club on Friday night and went to wood bevington today (sun) I had a good days sport some cracking tench most around the 2-3 pound mark but a couple bigger and some nice bream it is not easy to catch but well worth going and I may go back on tues caught all my fish on single corn over micro pellets

Return to “Wood Bevington”