Pool 1

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

royuk
New forum member
New forum member

Pool 1

Postby royuk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Fished pool 1 today seen a few small carp on the top but not even a bit :( a guy put up a notice that u must park on the gravel area only means the fishing wasn't very good I took my son to skilts to have a look and when i saw how far he would have to walk we got back in the car cuz he can't walk to far

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Roy,
Sorry to hear that you didnt catch at Alve 1. This hot then cool/wet weather has played havoc with the fish on most venues, with them spawning one week, then feeding, then switching off.

You didnt say how you fished Alve 1, but to target the carp either fish down the margins to one side of you or across to the island. At times they will take anything, but small cubes of meat seems to be consistent on the pole/waggler. If you fish a small method feeder to the island, dead red maggots should also get a few carp.

Skilts is a fair walk, so if your son has walking difficulties that fishery may not be ideal for him.

Wood Bev is normally a good fishery for those who cannot walk far, although it is very clear at the moment and not fishing brilliantly. However, some small tench can be caught under your feet if you are willing to wait.

You might want to take your son to Bradley Green. It is fishing fairly well at the moment and there is no walk to the near end of the lake if you can get the car down to the lake. The track down through the farm is a little muddy for cars at the moment, but if we have a few dry days it should be ok for those who dont have 4x4s!

Return to “Alvechurch Pools”