First Visit

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

mcgrumpy1
New forum member
New forum member

First Visit

Postby mcgrumpy1 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 am

First impressions of the Cann Lane pool were favourable, It's tucked away at the end of a farm track and is in a very tranquil location. The pool itself was about 2ft below its normal depth (due to water extraction) and this coupled with Carp crashing about in the margins spawning and the very hot temperatures, made me think this was going to be a difficult session.
As it turned out it wasn't a total disaster, I managed 5 skimmers around the 1.5lb mark and 2 mirrors both at 6lb - all caught on meat over corn about 5mts out.
I don't think Cann lane will be a bite-a chuck pool, but for all that it's a very nice place to while away a few hours in pursuit of the elusive.

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

cann lane

Postby honsec » Mon May 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Glad you liked it. :D

It is tranquil and there are lots of Roach to be had, we have heard of tails of big Carp in there also.

Tench have been caught also.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 pm

I've had a couple of sessions at Cann Lane.

The first was on usual match tactics. There are some lovely small roach in there which were fairly obliging on a short 5-6m line on maggot/pinkie over a fine groundbait, although whether it was due to stocking density, my limited abilities or otherwise they would regularly back off the feed before re-grouping.

I also fed a second line for the skimmers with a different groundbait mix with casters and a few micro pellets. That line produced a single skimmer and I did hook and subsequently lose two big fish. The first certainly felt like a big tench and despite playing it for sometime, eventually the hook pulled as it headed for some underwater pipework. The second fish was definitely a carp with the way it raced off a couple of times and again, while trying to avoid it heading into snags the hook pulled.

On the second visit I took the speci gear, as I was still annoyed at losing what I suspect was a nice tench. I did a very early start and fished through to about 11am. This time I again baited with groundbait loaded with corn and pellet. I fished a speci rod over the top changing between mini boilie, corn and pellet and eventually had some fun with the manic carp in there. Nothing big - all around 6 to 7lb, but proper wild type long and lean commons that fight like demons especially with so many snags. Sadly no tench came my way, but I will be going back.

Given that bites are few and far between it is shame that two rods are not allowed, where room permits, on this water. Nevertheless a great little water that offers something different.

Return to “Cann Lane”