A good half hour.

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

A good half hour.

Postby hurricane » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:50 am

With a few hours to spare before the committee meeting yesterday I paid a visit to Cann lane.
Despite the warmish weather the carp were elusive to say the least,it took from 3.30pm until 5.50.pm to find any feeding carp,so after making my first cast at 5.55 I was well pleased when ten minutes later my freelined crust was slurped in by what turned out to be a stunning mirror of about 12lb.
At 5.25 I had packed the minimal gear in the car and was off to the meeting.
I enjoy this type of fishing far more than hauling numerous small carp allday.
So if you fancy something a little different,try a few hours on Cann Lane with a loaf of crusty bread. 8)
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Johnpike » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:28 am

Well done Peter,
Sounds like you had a good afternoon targeting the Carp at Cann Lane. :wink: Great place, great fun and the best way to catch them more fun than sitting behind Buzzers mate :D There not easily tempted to the crust or flake there you definitely have to work for them to catch them adds to the fun, but can be frustrating when carp just swim past your bait taking the free bee's instead :? Any pictures of your 12lb mirror Peter?
Can't wait to give it ago for a short afternoon session myself its just fitting time in around work at the moment lol. :roll:
Tight Lines John
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:02 am

No John,it was getting late and the cameras were back in the car so a an admiring look and a quick return was the order of the day.
I spend many hundreds of hours sitting and lying behind static rods and alarms and get a great deal of pleasure from just being there,to me a fish off the surface is always special and exciting but thats just me.
Cann is often overlooked because of its size but with a little effort offers some decent sport.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Johnpike
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Johnpike » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:21 am

I can't say much about the club's waters at the moment as I have only fished two of them as a new member and had a look at four waters. So Far my favorite is Cann Lane as it is quiet and there are some nice fish in there.
I Was not that impressed with WB even though the place looks nice I found the fishing hard to get a bite there :? Some things come in small Packages and Cann Lane is Definitely on of those places. :D Looking forward to trying the clubs other waters to see what there like. 8) Any tips on fishing the clubs Venues Welcomed :)
Like a Pike I hunt down those Specimen Fish.

Return to “Cann Lane”