First session at Swan pool 11-07-2010

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

Ian Kings
Forum member
Forum member

First session at Swan pool 11-07-2010

Postby Ian Kings » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:40 am

The following review is all my own personal views based on one visit and may change if I make future visits. I do not intentionally wish to offend anyone with my views.

I have mixed feelings about this venue....

:) I think it is in a good location and the surroundings are lovely.

But.....

:( What spoilt the session for me was the hideous state the fish are in. Maybe it was just me catching all the ugly buggers!

The last fish of the day was the only fish I caught that was in tip top condition; a Rudd. All the rest were Common Carp that all had worryingly deformed mouths and no lips. This I believe led to a lot of hook pulls due to the scar tissue and lack of lips.

The venue itself is very prolific, in fact on the day too prolific as the multitude of line bites were in the end annoying. I think maybe the shape of the pool doesn't help with the fact as the fish move back and forth a narrow channel.

Personally, I would like to see this venue become a silver's only pool given its shape and size.

Ian

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I agree that Swan is a lovely place to spend a few hours Ian but can't agree that it would be better as a silvers pool.
We already have Wood Bev, Thornleigh, Cann Lane, the rivers and the canal for silvers fishing and it is nice to have somewhere other than Bradley Green for some guaranteed carp action. A real shame about the fish mouths though, they are some right ugly buggers!
Had just over 2 hours at Swan last night (until just gone 8 pm when I could no longer see my float) and had 11 carp (3 mirrors 8 common)
All caught on pole, close in on spam and sweetcorn fished quite shallow.
A really nice way to relax after work so make the most of it as the nights are drawing in fast :cry:

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Know what you mean about nights drawing in, that time of year again, not looking forward to frozen lakes again :-( ,plenty of fishing to go yet anyway :-D . Its good to have a mixture of waters and species within a club, and i think we have a good balance as it is, just use swan pool as somewhere to go and have a bit of fun with the carp. Sounds like they have a bit of history with rigs though :-) .
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Return to “Swan Pool”