Bradley Green catch reports

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went

Moderator: Azz25

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Bradley Green catch reports

Postby Stu » Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 pm

I took the wife and kids down to BG for a short evening session last Saturday (15 May). Passed Nigel (Hon Sec) in the bottom field as he was chauffeured out and we drove in....well actually as the missus drove in and I was running behind. So much for my chauffeur waiting for me as I locked the gate!!! :roll: :roll:

Anyway, we had a great short session. The 3 kids took turns (between eating a picnic my better half had prepared) on waggler fished soft pellet over pellet and caught from the first put in. They caught small pasty carp, mainly mirrors, from 12oz up to 2lb and had a great time. Once they were up and running I put a speci rod out fishing boilie over boilies and had 4 takes resulting in 3 fish - all mirrors up to 7lb 4oz.

Easy fishing....but exactly what the kids like. :D :D :D

Diwrnach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Diwrnach » Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Yeah nice easy venue, I like to go there after failures at speci hunting, just to get the confidence back up a bit :P

Had a fish of around 14 pounds out last week, on the pole, was a nice fight :)

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:07 am

Spent the evening there tonight, my first visit. Had a dozen or so fish up to 9lb 4oz. All off the surface on bread crust.

Not too sure though whether its a fishery or a wildfowl sanctuary! :shock:

steve abac

Postby steve abac » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Felix wrote:Spent the evening there tonight, my first visit. Had a dozen or so fish up to 9lb 4oz. All off the surface on bread crust.

Not too sure though whether its a fishery or a wildfowl sanctuary! :shock:

you shouldnt be using floating bats if there are birds on the water [-X
and that goes for all of our waters

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:55 pm

steve abac wrote: you shouldnt be using floating baits if there are birds on the water [-X
and that goes for all of our waters

Didn't know that. I'm still waiting for a membership pack, so I've only got the website to go by. Checked the rules and fishery pages before I went, no mention of ban on floating baits on this water.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:59 am

Felix,
Floating baits are allowed except if birds are in the vicinity at Bradley Green, Thornleigh, Cann Lane, Iron Cross, Wood Bevington and Abbotts Salford. Floating baits are not allowed at Swan Pool or Alvechurch Pools.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 pm

After a hectic couple of weeks, I took the two lads to BG for an evening session on Saturday, and surprisingly found that we had the pool to ourselves. We had a few ranging from a pound to 5lb on wag & pellet and also on a boilie rod. Good fun and it keeps the boys interested.

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Had a good day here on Monday with my father. Many thanks to Roger for sorting out a day ticket at short notice. Dad enjoyed himself, nice and easy access with good clear banks and a few nice fish. Managed a few myself (best were a pair of 9lbs) in between sorting dad's fish! :roll:

Return to “Bradley Green”