fishing line

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

rob
Forum member
Forum member

fishing line

Postby rob » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:05 pm

what line do you use and why :?: :?:

rob.
rob

drynet
New forum member
New forum member

Postby drynet » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Rob,line choice is a personal thing, its what you have confidence in using at the and of the day. Distance needed and abrasion resistance can be a factor also.I use GR60 in 12lb for most of the time and triline xl in 10lb. for surface baits.The Tackle Box catalogue has a good section on lines braids etc.and there diameter,and actual breaking weights.worth a look .

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 pm

I had been using korda adrenaline in 15lb for around 12 months and found the abrasion resistance to be pretty poor, it would start fraying the last 3 metres above the leader, not ideal! Just put on some esp olive carp mono and have been impressed so far, its got low stretch, sinks well and casts as well as adrenaline but has slightly more memory. As drynet said, the chart in tackle box catalouge is well worth a look.
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

line type,s

Postby rob » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:06 pm

hi drynet.
thanks for the reply i have gr60 on one of my 10,000 in 12lb and i did at first think it was a bit thickish but i found that after use it was ok the trylene i have used bass fishing but it had too much memory for me but a brilliant leader line in lowish breaking strains i also thought the gr60 was realy strong line and wasnt to bad at sinking. :D :D
rob

rob
Forum member
Forum member

line type,s

Postby rob » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

hi cyprio.
i have used adrenaline a lot the last 12months and as you say a good casting line but a tad soft i have had two fish shred me this year which is a bit concerning ( i actualy caught one of the fish again 10 days later and it still had the hook a wide gage size 8 b in its lip a bit concerning ,using a barbless hook an all).i have been using xline in 12lb lately on one reel and have been impressed with it all round realy but it dont cast as far as the adrenaline ,,, but sinks like a brick which is important to me and probrably you.many thanks for the reply and the input. :D :D '

rob :D :D good angling..
rob

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

What line do you and why?

Postby geoff » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Rob

I’ve been using Fox Warrior XT 12lb (brown) since I started carp fishing in August.

You probably wouldn’t wasn’t to pollute your nice new reels with it, :shock: but for anyone wanting a budget line it performs well. :D

I paid £7.99 for 1150 m, at 0.331 mm diameter it’s virtually the same diameter as Adrenaline, :) it’s very abrasion resistant but is not a great sinker and its memory is far better than mine. :( :?:
I'd rather be fishing!

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

What line do you use and why?

Postby geoff » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Cyprio wrote: Just put on some esp olive carp mono and have been impressed so far, its got low stretch, sinks well and casts as well as adrenaline but has slightly more memory.

I've been wondering what to use next year, I'll definatly add that to my list of possibles.
I'd rather be fishing!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

what line,s

Postby rob » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:04 am

hi geoff.
how wrong you are i used a wychwood line called solace for about 7 months on my 1o .ooo and i liked it but it needed changing too often etc a budget line at i think about £8.00 per 1000 mts i have also tried ultima power carp in 12lb which i still have on one reel but i used it mainly on the ss3000 which have now gone i found it ok but seemed to twist easily but i think that may have been the reels or me as it is still ok on my10.000 it cast well and sinks ok and at £12.00 per 1000mts its well priced.

regards rob and good angling. :D :D

a famouse golfer once said (the more i practice the luckier i get.) :D :D
rob

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Re: what line,s

Postby geoff » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:39 am

rob wrote: i have also tried ultima power carp in 12lb which i still have on one reel

Hi Rob

I like Ultima lines; :D I used 6lb Ultima Power Match for the hook link, when I caught this little beauty at Coppice Lake, on a floating Chum Mixer. :shock: :D :D

It’s really strong and flexible for its diameter. :D
I'll certainly check out the the Ultima Power Carp before I replace my reel line next time. :)
Last edited by geoff on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be fishing!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

what line.s

Postby rob » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 pm

hi geoff.

nice fish, good angling mate,it looks like your on the end peg of the island ie car park end.it can be good in the winter on coppice geoff i will probrably be going down there when im up to it ( not many on the top then though mate ).

regards rob :D :D

a famouse golfer once said ( the more i practice the luckier i get ) :D
rob

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Re: what line.s

Postby geoff » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm

rob wrote:hi geoff.

nice fish, good angling mate,i will probrably be going down there when im up to it ( not many on the top then though mate ).

:D

I can catch them off the bottom as well :!:

When your up to it? I hope you've not been unwell. :(

If you have I hope you'll be back on the bank soon :!: :D

Regards Geoff
I'd rather be fishing!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

what line,s

Postby rob » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:59 pm

nice fish geoff,i may see you down there soon..

regards rob. :D :D
rob

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

rob wrote:hi geoff.
how wrong you are i used a wychwood line called solace for about 7 months on my 1o .ooo and i liked it but it needed changing too often etc a budget line at i think about £8.00 per 1000 mts i have also tried ultima power carp in 12lb which i still have on one reel but i used it mainly on the ss3000 which have now gone i found it ok but seemed to twist easily but i think that may have been the reels or me as it is still ok on my10.000 it cast well and sinks ok and at £12.00 per 1000mts its well priced.

a famouse golfer once said (the more i practice the luckier i get.) :D :D

I used the ultima power carp in 12lb and i also found it to twist far more than other lines , this may be down to the larger diameter spools on big pits , not sure. Overall i was not too impressed with it and stripped it off after a couple of months , i didnt like the extra memory it had and i didnt think it casts to well , especially over distance. I think lines are just a personal thing and everyone seems to have there favourite , after many trials i am still yet to find one that i am happy with , too fussy perhaps!!
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

rob
Forum member
Forum member

what line,s

Postby rob » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:32 pm

hi adam its nice to know that someone else has had line twist problems i thought it was me or the reels that i was using then, but then again nearly all the lines i put on those reels seemed to twist up.i wondered if it was because when i play a a fish, carp fishing i tend to use the clutch instead of backwinding (when i was match fishing i would wind the clutch up tight and use the backwind and i didnt seem to get twist then ) but i dont seem to get it so bad with the reels im using at the moment but time will tell thats if i catch anymore carp of course.geoff if you read this i think i still have some power carp if i have you can put some on a rel and try it or borrow one off my reels and try that?let me know. :D :D
regards rob :D :D

a famouse golfer once said (the more i practice the luckier i get )
rob

geoff
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby geoff » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Cyprio wrote:I used the ultima power carp in 12lb and i also found it to twist far more than other lines , this may be down to the larger diameter spools on big pits , not sure. Overall i was not too impressed with it and stripped it off after a couple of months , i didnt like the extra memory it had and i didnt think it casts to well , especially over distance. I think lines are just a personal thing and everyone seems to have there favourite , after many trials i am still yet to find one that i am happy with , too fussy perhaps!!

Nothing wrong with fussy :!: :D
I'd rather be fishing!

Return to “Abbots Salford”