Recky visit to the Avon at AS

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

Ian Kings
Forum member
Forum member

Recky visit to the Avon at AS

Postby Ian Kings » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Went for a gander at the Avon this afternoon in anticipation for the 16th.

I see there has been some mighty fine work in clearing the bank growth to the pegs and bank track, so a big thank you to those involved.

The river is running quite clear at the moment and the fauna is looking good with the water lilies just coming into flower.

It is a much more pleasant looking stretch than I am used to fishing on BAA's books and a lot more secluded and peaceful.

Can't wait 'till Wednesday to trot that first stick float of the season.

Ian

P.S. Regarding the club rules, I know night fishing is prohibited but is being on the bank before first light allowed so long as no fishing is performed.

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

night fishing

Postby honsec » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Ian,

Night fishing is available at the cost of an extra membership for some of our venues. Fishing is from dawn till dusk on a normal membership so there is no reason why you should not be on the bank and set up ready to start fishing very early as it gets light around 4:30.

If you hook into one of the big barbel hang on.

Tight lines

Nigel
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Return to “Abbots Salford”