Fishing Match

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

Thegrinder
New forum member
New forum member

Fishing Match

Postby Thegrinder » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:26 am

Any members interested in a open match on the river before the end of the season I have about 8 to 9 names that would like to fish at the moment please get in touch thanks John Hopkins .

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fishing Match

Postby hurricane » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 am

Hi John,Whilst this may be a good idea in theory ,I think you should contact the committee members re the logistics of arranging an impromptu match on club venues.
All bookings need to be communicated to members as far in advance as possible through their books,it would be very unfair to peg out a venue without reasonable notification (although a "scramble" woukld be feasable).
The other thing to consider is,that at present(according to the RED banner at the top of the page) ,keepnets are banned at ALL of our venues except for Bona
fide matches supervised by committee member.
John, not trying to pour cold water on your suggestion just pointing out some possible pitfalls,contact the committe and they may be able to arrange things,sure they would be over the moon to see the match scene get a bit of a revival.
Best of luck with your endeavour.
May have been better posted in the river section as well /lol.
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Thegrinder
New forum member
New forum member

Re: Fishing Match

Postby Thegrinder » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:09 pm

Was not just going ahead with it I was bringing it up at the next A G M because 8 to 9 members asked me could there may be more members interested .

Return to “Abbots Salford”