Pike fishing on the pool

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

Reed
New forum member
New forum member

Pike fishing on the pool

Postby Reed » Sun May 31, 2015 6:59 am

Hi, I was hoping to go lure fishing on the as lake as I was hoping to land my first pike. So I was wondering whitch pegs are best, what size lures are the best and ultimately if anyone has been pike fishing there recently and caught much.

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:40 am

Hi,

I stick to the pike season so haven't tried the lake in the warmer months. There aren't really many pike in there, but there are a couple.

Pike are usually found around their prey, this varies depending on the day. Look for strikes, shoals of fish scattering and jumping in panic. Start at one end and have a few casts in each peg.

I would use a fairly small lure as the pike don't go very big.

You say you want to catch your first pike, are you confident in unhooking one? The thing to remember is a pike won't intentionally bite you, the only way you may get cut is by incorrectly holding one or being scared. Make sure you have the right tools so you don't get caught out.

There are a few keen pikers on here so if you are unsure about anything ask away and someone will help.

Aaron

Andyfv1
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Andyfv1 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Wait a few weeks and go on the river, theres some big lumps in there!!!
Ive tried for pike / lure fishing on the lake but no joy for me, id say have a go but try not to disturb our carping friends

Return to “Abbots Salford”