ASL catches

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:29 pm

No , let's be perfectly clear right now , I have given valid reasons as to why IMO I think it is a bad idea to start being careless , yes careless with information and pictures. Not when there are parts of this forum designed with the sole purpose of keeping certain things out of the way of unwanted attention , I would of thought an angler of 48 years would have be a bit more cautious of his fact.

Do you really think this is a case of jealousy as part of your last posts seems to suggest , if so you are way off the mark believe me.
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:00 pm

I've gotta agree with Adam,I'm sorry but advertising captures is suicide,you will ruin the lake.
You might not be advertising your captures dougie but you have basically asked others to with your subject topic"come on guys who is gonna share there catches on asl.??"
For all anglers fishing asl if you enjoy it and like it the way it is,then remember its that way because of years of keeping it a little quiet.
Don't ruin it..!!
Dougie i told you in a pm that you were more than welcome to look through my ipad at my captures and that I'd point out the fish to you etc.
There are other ways to get the knowledge you want...you don't have to use social media.
I'm not even a member

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ASL catches

Postby dougie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 pm

All I was saying in my last post was that I am not careless, or stupid and share the desire for peace and quiet. You can relax, as I said, I am not about to reveal what I know which I promise you is far more than you realise. As you have said, " private messages", it is amazing what you 'do' find out.
Sad really because we both want fish on the bank and could share our knowledge but let's leave it at that.
:twisted:

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:53 pm

There isn't anything in this thread that you can't see on the ABAC website. Not everyone who fishes ASL will have access to the night members section. Maybe Pete should create a members only section instead?

All the op is trying to do is find out some information about what he is trying to fish for. I am sure he had the same responses I had when I first joined.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Surely part of the fun is to fish a lake for yourself , find the features , find the fish , put the pieces of the jigsaw together and be happy to catch whatever comes next. We all have limited time , especially working full time 40 hour weeks.
Perhaps it might be an idea to add a new section , or post under carp fishing where members have to log in to access.

I think enough has been said for now , so perhaps leave it at that.
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 pm

If members feel the need to converse in relative privacy,as mentioned the carp fishing section is confined to forum members,the members only section is restricted to club members only and as the name suggests the night permit members section can only be seen and posted on by permit holders who contacted me for authorisation.
I think with the option of private messages there is no need for any further "hidden/private" sections.
Anyone who wants authorisation for the members/night permit sections needs to pm me with their permit numbers and I will actvate their permissions.
Regards Peter. 8)
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

asl catches

Postby dougie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:02 am

On this one I agree with you, fishing should be fun!!!
When I head down to ASL I have a burger in my gob, a fag behind my ear, a grin on my face and some foot stomping music playing. I am like a big kid going on holiday and curse and swear at anything that slows my journey!!! :)

My jigsaw as you call it is underway, I have found my features and hot spots and caught fish despite the interference and rudeness of others.
When I asked the question about catches I was only looking to develope my knowledge and understanding of the lake from those with more knowledge than me. :cry:

So anyway we crack on, the us and them scenario will no doubt continue and I respect and understand that - just remember I take 2 sugars in coffee and 3 in tea!!! :P :lol:

By the way, isn't that Azz fella a nice bloke, top man :wink:

Return to “Abbots Salford”