ha ha last laugh is mine

Post anything regarding this venue in here or just to say how your day went.
IMPORTANT!!!
NO FISHING Allowed on this pool between September 1st and February 1st inclusive.

Moderator: Azz25

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ha ha last laugh is mine

Postby dougie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Just out of curiosity, dose anyone know who moved the out of bounds sign at ASL. It seems that the swim that caused all the disquiete a few wees ago is now out of bounds again.

I actually think some saddo who can't catch fish there moved it for a laugh and if this is true I have news for him, I fished the peg anyway, and to spite you I caught again.Happy days (and nights)!!! :) :D :twisted:

Now I am going to play with my 5 year old grandson, bit like the conversation I had on the bank last night, oh well such is life :wink: :wink:

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 pm

I confess, it was me. I enjoyed all the fuss it caused so thought I would start it all over again.

Why would someone move it? Some people are strange.

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby dougie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:12 pm

No idea Azz, but I met the mother of all moaning gits on the bank last night. :roll:

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Did you manage to get his name? or what car he drives?
If so pm me the details please.
The sign was moved to the previous position by the Chairman of the club,so anyone moving it is treading on very thin ice,and at least one of the bailiffs is itching to use his card clipper :) .
Glad to hear you are still catching pal,if you have any grief about that peg tell them the bailiffs numbers are on the notice board and in the club book and on the website and they are free to ring me or Bazz for "clarification".
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby dougie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Thank you, I have to admit it's getting silly now, it ruined my session the other night.
I don't think swimming is allowed is it!!!!!! Lol😜🎏

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Although this peg issue has already been settled via the committee , I think the wandering sign just goes to show how opinions on the matter are divided , perhaps a disgruntled angler (wrongly) moved it , or perhaps the ducks are just getting fed up not having the far bank vegetation to themselves and made it there sole mission to move the sign and claim there swim back , who knows??

Of course the alternative to this swim is the other 4 to 5 acres of lake that the fish tend to use from time to time , swims where there is more room to fit your car behind if needs be , good skills anyway Dougie :wink: :wink:
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Why would people not want you to fish there? Doesn't make sense.

dougie
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby dougie » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Well you may be right about the ducks, lol, but to be honest I am more inclined to think it was a 2 legged version with no wings and one who ought to keep its beak out of things. :wink:
When the signs first appeared I moved swims and stayed firmly within the rules of the club. I voiced my opinion when the rules were broken by a match angler and as a result the commitee seemed to agree and subsequently moved the sign. :P :P
I have never blanked in that swim and if all the reports about ASL being a hard water are correct then I think I've done well. Having said that the secret society don't talk about what they have caught so I cannot measure my results. So why would I want to move into a swim somewhere else when I have every confidence in the one I fish, well I wouldn't would I??? Would you???? No !!!!! :D
Interestingly enough i have noticed that certain other anglers seem to stick to a favoured peg so what is the problem here??

I have made NO secret of the fact I catch and NO secret of the bait I use -Dutch Popped Up Luncheon meet from the deli counter in Morrisons. Which has also caught me a dozen decent tench, 5 of which came in one night session!!!

Strange thing is others have fished the peg I use and I don't think they get any stick about it, there was a chap there the other day, think he drove a Range Rover??? Wonder if he caught?? wonder if he is being wound up??
The chap who was giving me stick the other night rather ironically was casting into the water in front of my peg when I arrived. Thsi is the guy who introduced himself the very first time I fished ASL with the line -
"you can't effing well fish there".
How polite and how welcoming, I wonder how many waters he has been swimming in?? :twisted: :twisted:
I do wonder with all this rubbish what fishing would have been like if I was to join a play school LOL. :roll:

Return to “Abbots Salford”