Post AGM

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

Post AGM

Postby rogerb » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:41 pm

I would like express my thanks to all the members who took the time to attend the AGM last Monday 13th FEB. everything was well organised as usual by the committee and to members who donated prizes including Stuart who supplied a magnificent amount of tackle etc for the raffle and auction from Angling Trust and David Hall Publishing. The food was of a much better standard many thanks.
It was proposed on the Agenda that a £2 increase across the board for membership this year and was accepted by majority with only a small number against.
Colin Easton explained in detail the finances of the club also the make up of the water fund.
Many thanks to committee members continuing this year also to welcome Karl Rooke, Melvin Winters and Stuart Sharpe, positions will be found in the information supplied when you renew this year.
Unfortunately we will be giving up Thornleigh Fishery and the Evesham Vale Fishery for various reasons but a new venue to fish will be Skilts Pool
at Mappleborough Green familiar to most of you as its nearer to Redditch
renewal nights start on Tuesday nights at the Rocklands Social Club from 7 to 9pm from 6th March to 1st. May.
We hope the weather soon warms up so we can start fishing again in our new membership year. perhaps a few more members would like to participate in our matches.
Any suggestions to improve the activities of the club would be appreciated.
Regards Roger Burton Chairman

rooksta
New forum member
New forum member

Post AGM

Postby rooksta » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Dear Committee & fellow members. I concur with Roger and would like to personally thank all. Reference the auction & raffle, this was awesome and for just a £1 their was prizes galore.Everyone was a winner.
carp gear/tackle,various types of baits, match rods,reels & poles. This was donated as Roger says by the Angling trust & David Hall publishing and fellow members. Thanks to Jon Burton for wizzing around and doing the raffle.I'm sure word will get round and we will have an even more full house next year. I would also like to express my thanks to secretary Paul Heath's father who very kindly gave my friends son a pick your own prize from the raffle ( he chose a carp folding table in its own bag). A top gesture. May I finish off by saying a big thank you on behalf of us all to Paul Heath who arranged the buffet. I'm sure we would welcome the same caterer next year or to any other events.

Reference the Angling trust, they really do need our support if they are to continue with the ever changing issues that we anglers are up against - (cormorants, poaching etc).
www.anglingtrust.net

Best Regards,
Karl Rooke.

Return to “Club Related”