NEWS FROM THE AGM

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

NEWS FROM THE AGM

Postby rogerb » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 am

HI TO ALL MEMBERS,
For those members who did not attend the AGM the following was approved:
Membership Fees for 2011/12 FULL/SENIOR £45, OAP/DISABLED/STUDENT £ 30, Family £80, Junior £6, Night Fishing £45.
Joining Fee £5. Syndicate to Evesham Vale Fishery Inc ABAC Membership £285.
The casual fishing has now been abolished so fishing is for paid up members only and any other guest of members must purchase a day ticket at £5 please allow 2 to 3 days and must be collected.
The year Starts from 1st April and ends on 31st March. you still have the grace period from 22nd March to 4th May to renew at the Rocklands ( or from Paul Heath) but you MUST renew your membership prior to going fishing after 1st April. This is to eliminate any misunderstanding and anyone fishing ABAC waters will be in possession of a paid up club card at any time. Tight Lines R. Burton Chairman :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for the update Roger.
So, just to be clear, casual fishing for spouses, partners, and children of members has been completely abolished? Including children under 12?
Thanks
Pete

Felix
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Felix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 pm

That's correct free casual fishing was done away with. Anyone fishing with you will now need a guest day ticket, bought in advance. :wink:

Pretty sure the free fishing for children under 12 stayed the same though, but must be with a responsible adult club member at all times.

Can someone else just clarify this?

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks Felix
I hope you are right about kids as they cannot become members whilst under 12 anyway so it would be harsh to charge them for day tickets.
And I can see how the previous system would be open to abuse either intentionally or not.
Cheers
Pete

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Postby honsec » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Felix is correct, fishing for under twelves is free providing they are accompanied by an adult club member.

The fishing on a casual basis was too wooly, you could define casual as once a month or three times a year, even if all agreed on the definition who would police it. So it was decided to remove this concession which has been a thorn of contention for many years, and is not suitable for a club of our size.

Nigel
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

Postby rogerb » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Pete,
In my opening statement i only discussed what was on the Agenda at the AGM. Children under 12 NO CHANGE, Children 12 to 16 the Annual fee is £6 both the same as last year.
It was made very clear to ALL those who attended the AGM as the decision was made from the proposals and voted on. So as i put on the Forum prior to AGM better to attend than not as you make the decisions of the CLUB. If still unclear please telephone me.
Tight Lines Rogerb Chairman

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks all.
All perfectly clear now.
Cheers
Pete

Return to “Club Related”