Net Dips?

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

richcherr
Forum member
Forum member

Net Dips?

Postby richcherr » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:22 pm

what are peoples feelings about net dips on the stillwaters, are they prohibitively expensive?
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

net dips

Postby honsec » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 pm

The best way is and always has been to thoruoghly dry your nets out before putting them away or using them for your next trip. :D
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Dry your nets in the sun the U/V rays of the sun kills diseases this is really the best way, having net dip tanks by our venues would be to costly and members would'nt bother using the dip tanks.
I love my job it pays for my fishing

richcherr
Forum member
Forum member

Postby richcherr » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 am

thanks lads, i didn't know about the drying and UV thing. cheers
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Its the cheapest and most safe way of doing it, its how us carpers have been doing it for years, you never really see net dips at a specimen carp water, perhaps it because a lot of carp anglers never get the chance to get there net wet, myself not included of course!! :-D :-D
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

Return to “Club Related”