AGM 2010

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

AGM 2010

Postby rogerb » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Everyone,
Just a reminder that ABAC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will take place on 8th March at 8.30pm at the Rocklands Social Club Headless Cross, Redditch.
Any nominations for committee and or proposed motions for the AGM
must be in writing to the Secretary Nigel Hill 2 weeks before the above date -22nd. February latest.
If you would like to donate a prize for the raffle on the night it would be greatly appreciated.
Food will be available.
See you all there.
Roger Burton Chairman.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

AGM

Postby honsec » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm

It is getting close to the AGM proposal deadline of 22nd Feb.

Even if you do not have any proposals you are still entitled to attend the AGM.

Remember it is your club, come and have a say

:D See you there :D

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

COMMITTEE POSITIONS.

Postby rogerb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi ALL you Members.

The AGM is getting very near and i hope that we can have a good turnout.
We hope you can attend to participate and voice your opinions and raise suggestions.
We are seeking someone who has the experience to manage the Website and to keep it updated. If you are that person please talk to us with a view of supporting your club and getting on board as a Committee Member.
See you all there on Monday 8th March.
Many Thanks Roger Burton Chairman
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

AGM - Any news

Postby Stu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Roger,
Any news or other items of interest from Monday's AGM? New/amended rules? Subs increases? Work party details?

I couldn't get to the AGM due to work committments this week; I have just returned from a round trip to Manchester, Glasgow and London. Fortunately I just need to go into Birmingham tomorrow. Although the madness starts again next week!

Stu

Diwrnach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby Diwrnach » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Was also hoping for some information on here, would loved to have come, but the wife and I decided to tie the knot after 14 years on the 6th, and our daughters birthday was also on the 8th, so family commitments got in the way.

Andrew Burgess
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Andrew Burgess » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm

I couldn't make it as due to the long suffering shoulder injury - can anyone enlighten me on what went on?
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

agm news

Postby honsec » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:11 pm

AGM news

subs went up £1 across the board

as no single person volunteered for any position then you have us all again for the next 12 months

joining fee to club remains same

honorarium stays the same

day ticket/peg fees stay the same

buffet was good although we made a small loss on the cost of the food

Oh and you have a new venue to fish from April, its a lovely little (15 or so pegs) farm pool, look out for map and rules when you re-new your subscription

See you at the Rocklands on Tuesday Evenings, starting this week

Nigel

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Re: agm news

Postby Stu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for the update Nigel. Another new fishery is excellent news, especially given the price of membership.

You say....
honsec wrote:as no single person volunteered for any position then you have us all again for the next 12 months

.....but are there any specific vacant posts or roles that need filling/doing? I know the club was looking for someone to maintain the website, so hopefully there will be someone with those skills out there. If you could give a brief outline of what the club needs then maybe you might get some takers, especially as some of us couldn't get to the AGM.

Cheers,
Stu

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

agm

Postby honsec » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Stu,

I did mean at AGM when all positions are declared vacant that no one came forward.

This could be taken as a compliment to how we as a committee are running the club.

At our fisrt new (old) committee meeting we will look to allocate roles/tasks to committee members, for anything outstanding we could then canvas our members to fill in if required.

It is a problem with most clubs, not enough members go to AGM, we have this forum but only a few members register or use. Also our pastime is an aging one, if I guessed at the average age of the attendees at this years AGM I would come up with a number over 55 and perhaps nearer 60.

I think you will like the new venue.

Nigel

Pete Hill
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Pete Hill » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Hopefully see you this Tuesday Nige and may be bringing a new member with a bit of luck.
I had a quick walk round the new venue after a couple of Wood Bev old boys pointed me in the right direction and it does look good. Can't wait to give it a go in April although I think I will let the missus test some of the peg pallets first :wink:
Cheers
Pete

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

Postby rogerb » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Pete,
The new pool at Cann Lane is going to be exciting.
Sadly you will not have to get the wife to try out the platforms as 12 of us mostly committee) Sat 20th March spent all day taking out all of the unsafe platforms and new stands will be on the bank, the overhanging trees have been cut back thanks to Chris and his team, most of the brambles, small trees and shrubs drastically cut back remember the pool does NOT Open until 1st April. All revealed when members renew so the sooner you get your new membership the sooner you find new information. Also another carp pool will be available see under Carp Section on Forum.
Many thanks to all those who volunteered for last Saturday a job well done in the wet as it rained all day.
Volunteers still required for bank clearing and maintenance give me a call.
Happy forthcoming season. Roger B. Chairman. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Club Related”