use of fly rods?

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

Andyfv1
Forum member
Forum member

use of fly rods?

Postby Andyfv1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:42 pm

ive never fly fished before but i have the opportunity to try it out,after reading club rules i wanted to check to see if use of fly rods are allowed on club waters,and whether use of flies constitutes a "floating bait"
i dont want to fall foul of club rules so thought i better ask before i buy,assuming i get on ok fly fishing!
thanks

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:22 pm

This question has come up before, the outcome was that most of our venues are not suitable(for most part a decent space is needed for the backcast) and at any of the venues that don't allow floating baits then dry flys would not be allowed.
However on venues where space is suitable fishing sunken nymph wet flys or lures would be ok as long as care is taken regarding other anglers at the venue.

Although most coarse fish CAN be caught on the fly in reality its pretty much a waste of time and perch,pike and chub are the only truly viable quarry.
I M H O. Its best kept for trout venues or occasionaly floater fishing for carp at suitable venues.
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Andyfv1
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Andyfv1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:40 pm

thanks for the info,il see how my taster goes!

Return to “Club Related”