Bank clearing.

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bank clearing.

Postby hurricane » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:44 pm

The first of this years bank clearing parties is scheduled for Thursday 31st March 2016.At Alvechurch.
Start time is 10.00am.
Anyone who can spare any time to give a hand will be made very welcome.
Regards Peter.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:40 pm

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as I'm off to Cuba for a couple of weeks but I know Nick mantle and Adam Cooke will be attending the bank clearing.
I'm not even a member

Cyprio
Top Class Forum Poster
Top Class Forum Poster

Postby Cyprio » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:39 pm

I think there has been crossed wires down the line somewhere , I'm actually working all day but I know Nick has got this week off and was looking for something to do , he's a keen worker too ;)
Effort = reward ..............sometimes!!!!

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I am finding it difficult to respond without coming across as, disappointed,bank clearing and work parties are voluntary,and to my knowledge in the past three years have been carried out by committee members and a minute number of members,no one is obliged to attend but all works carried out benifet every single member and because the work is voluntary it keeps the cost of membership down.
When 2 people show up and work for 4 hours the result is visible but minimal if 10 people turn up and work for 2 hours the amount of work achieved is considerably more.
Bank clearing and work parties may be considered a joke by some but without them the club would not exist.

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 pm

You have scheduled the bank clearing for Thursday 31st of March at 10am and your complaining about the turn outs that you get...I'm sorry but most people are at work,what do you expect..
What I said was not meant to be funny as I understood it the 2 people I mentioned were going to do there best to show up..
I'm not even a member

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:38 pm

And even the comments are not ment to be funny...there is nothing wrong with a bit of banter...at least people are using the forum..
To many serious people on this planet...no one knows how to have friendly banter anymore....so sad...
I'm not even a member

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

ndh1982 wrote:You have scheduled the bank clearing for Thursday 31st of March at 10am and your complaining about the turn outs that you get...I'm sorry but most people are at work,what do you expect..
What I said was not meant to be funny as I understood it the 2 people I mentioned were going to do there best to show up..

It matters not,when they are scheduled,the attendance is always poor,considering the 500 membership and the constant requests for improvements to the pegs on our venues.
As for Nick and Adam showing up, I would be amazed if they even knew where it was.
I am pretty confident your comments were made "tongue in cheek" as was Adams reply,but as already mentioned, without the work of members prepared to offer their time and effort, subscriptions would have to be increased.

ndh1982
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Postby ndh1982 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Yes my comments where in jest and so was Adams...none of us can help with attendance at the end of the day those are working hours...
Still don't think there is anything wrong with a bit of banter....and like I said at least the forum is being used...
And yes you are probably right...I don't think Adam knows his way out of bidford....!
I'm not even a member

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Nowt wrong with a bit of "banter" and to be fair anything that adds to the post count on the forum is welcome.
Just seems a pity to chose a thread that's important to the club.
I will continue to try to enlist members help to improve the facilities on our venues even though it sometimes seems like I am flogging a dead horse.
Later in the year a work party will be held on ASL and it would be nice if a number of the "regulars" were to offer a small amount of time and effort to improve things at the venue,but I am not holding my breath.

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Postby honsec » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 pm

There are several Monday night bank clearing sessions arranged, venues to be sorted. Wacth this space.
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:28 pm

I do agree, you can't expect a huge turnout on a morning of a weekday.

I will be at the ASL one as that's the venue I visit most.

Maybe there is a better way to let people know, if they don't come here, look on the website or the facebook page how do they know where to go?

Aaron

Return to “Club Related”