REMOVING FISH

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

REMOVING FISH

Postby honsec » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:22 pm

It has been reported to a member of the executive committee that a member of our club has caught fish and removed them with the intention of using the fish as live bait on another venue.

Please take this post as a reminder that removing fish from our waters is against club rules and will not be tolerated.

On behalf of the committee

Nigel

Club secretary
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Who's been Zander fishing then.

Whoever it is if they are found out, there membership will be terminated.
I love my job it pays for my fishing

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:27 pm

[quote="Chris Burton"]Who's been Zander fishing then.

Why Zander fishing in particular Chris?
Livebaits will catch pike,perch,chub,trout,slmon,eels and most freshwater fish on odd occasions.
Take nothing but memories,leave nothing but footprints.

Andyfv1
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Andyfv1 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:17 pm

I thought that live baiting wasnt allowed any more?

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:40 pm

hurricane wrote:
Chris Burton wrote:Who's been Zander fishing then.

Why Zander fishing in particular Chris?
Livebaits will catch pike,perch,chub,trout,slmon,eels and most freshwater fish on odd occasions.

Anyone who does fish for Zander know you need the freshest native fish as sea baits aren't much cop.

Ideally Roach Rudd dead or live baiting.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Also I didn't mention live baiting......

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Chris Burton wrote:Also I didn't mention live baiting......

First post says "intended for live bait at another venue".
Plenty of Zeds caught on frozen coarse baits as well as sprats.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Firstly I didn't write the first post.

A member goes to the trouble of going to Swan Pool to catch Roach for predator fishing is only after 1 species in particular really.

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Not unless someone is going Catfishing.

hurricane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:16 pm

At this time of year,eels and cats are probably unlikely but pike perch and zander could all be the target species.

rogerb
Chairman
Chairman

Fish Theft

Postby rogerb » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:58 pm

We all now its that time for fishing for pike zander etc. which is enjoyable but not at the expense of taking fish from our club waters as its not within keeping with our rules read Rule 18. This is a sure way of drastically reducing our fish stocks from our venues if we all take fish, its also illegal to remove and transport fish without the appropriate permissions and certifications as it is theft, the Committee will take the necessary severe action regarding this practice which will ultimately lead to immediate expulsion of membership whoever it is. I hope this makes it very clear as any member of ABAC whoever they are signed to agree to keep to ALL rules as laid down.
The Club is for all members and their enjoyment do not spoil a good club,
the protection and welfare of the fish has to be considered at all times for the future. Please report any problems.
Chairman Roger Burton

maggotdrowner
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby maggotdrowner » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:06 pm

The member in question who has been reported to the exec. committee was obviously seen at Swan pool so therefore his identity i'm assuming is known.
If this is the case it is a simple case for expulsion for being in contradiction to the rules for the removal/theft of fish from an ABAC venue.
Also i am not aware of any ruling that makes it illegal to fish for Zander from an ABAC venue, and with the river Avon being a prime venue for the species, i would be rather concerned about being expelled from the club for doing so.

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:28 am

Didn't the person who seen him ask him to put them back?

Is live baiting allowed, if caught at the same venue (obviously)?

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

Postby honsec » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Unfortunately not all our members are active in enforcing club rules and challenging other members.

The Angling Trust has a good article on live baiting policy

http://anglingtrust.net/page.asp?sectio ... ing+Policy

I personally do not object to live baits being used providing they are caught at the venue where they are to be used, after all a maggot or a worm is alive.

There are no club rules to making Zander fishing illegal, in fact as a club we try to cater for most anglers. We have Abotts Salford lake for the specimen anglers and have negotiated night fishing with some of our landlords. I also remember the committee looking at renting a trout lake to cater for fly fishermen.

We are not a one venue club, which is why I believe we have so many members, who generally keep to the club rules. Our bailiffs are not full time, so if any member sees or hears anything please get details of membership number or car registration and report to one of the committee.

Nigel
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Azz25
Website Admin
Website Admin

Postby Azz25 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:21 pm

honsec wrote:Unfortunately not all our members are active in enforcing club rules and challenging other members.

The Angling Trust has a good article on live baiting policy

http://anglingtrust.net/page.asp?sectio ... ing+Policy

I personally do not object to live baits being used providing they are caught at the venue where they are to be used, after all a maggot or a worm is alive.

There are no club rules to making Zander fishing illegal, in fact as a club we try to cater for most anglers. We have Abotts Salford lake for the specimen anglers and have negotiated night fishing with some of our landlords. I also remember the committee looking at renting a trout lake to cater for fly fishermen.

We are not a one venue club, which is why I believe we have so many members, who generally keep to the club rules. Our bailiffs are not full time, so if any member sees or hears anything please get details of membership number or car registration and report to one of the committee.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

And the person who seen them didn't give any more information? Seems a bit strange. Surely he would of seen a car or something.

What's the clubs views on live baiting?

Return to “Club Related”