poaching/illegal fishing at arrow

Whether its regarding bank clearing, work parties or just suggestions for the good and benefit of the club, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: Azz25

Andyfv1
Forum member
Forum member

poaching/illegal fishing at arrow

Postby Andyfv1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:41 pm

I was down on our strech of the arrow today and came across evidence of illegal fishing on peg 16. Thiis is the 1st one you come to from the car park. There was the remnants of a fire on the peg, lines left in the water, makeshift banksticks made out of tree branches, along with line wrapped round branches, again as make shift road.litter was also left....they also dug up ground on path, presumably to get worms! Im guess that this was from last night, the ashes looked fresh, as did the grass where they had dug.
just thought id better say something!
I did take a few pics on my mobile

oh I caught a lovely perch but not any of those carp, which are becomong an obsession!!!

honsec
Secretary
Secretary

poachers

Postby honsec » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks Andy,

I will raise this issue at our next meeting on Monday night, as a club there is little we can do to stop this. We will however be informing Ragley estates who we lease the water from.

Thanks

Nigel
As 3/4 of the earth is water and only 1/4 is land we should all spend 3 times as much time fishing as we do gardening :-)

Return to “Club Related”