Forum Upgrade

This forum will be used to let you know what website updates have been added and any that may be planned for the future.

Moderator: Azz25

Paul Webster

Forum Upgrade

Postby Paul Webster » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:38 am

Please be aware I am in the process of upgrading the forum, this is proving to be a longer job than expected due to the amount of changesd I hjave made to the template over the past year.

So please be aware that certain elements will not work until I have them fixed.

I do have plans for some more changews in the near future but will let you know what they are once I get this completed.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Ok things went far better than I was expecting and I think that everything is sorted and working correctly.

I have done a number of changes some will be visible others not.

Firstly I have made another attempt at stopping the spammers signing up, only time will tell if that is successful but I need to do something rather than having to delete between 5 and 10 spam accounts every day.

All new registrations will have their IP logged so if some of the spammers still get through I can ban them from ever being able to get onto the board again.

The biggest change of all is as a result of comments and suggestions that have been made to me in the past. Although to be honest work has been ongoing on this for while. This is the inclusion of a Club members only area. As I have no intention of putting the membership database online this will not be automatic. To be able to access this area you will first need to add your membership number and fullname into your profile, you will then be granted access.
I can't decide whether to hide the membership number or name when viewing peoples profile, I would appreciate your comments as to whether you feel the membership number should be hidden.

As always I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have.

Steve Fisher
Forum member
Forum member

Postby Steve Fisher » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 pm

Admin wrote:To be able to access this area you will first need to add your membership number and fullname into your profile, you will then be granted access.
I can't decide whether to hide the membership number or name when viewing peoples profile, I would appreciate your comments as to whether you feel the membership number should be hidden.

As always I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have.

Seems like a good, useful idea... can't seem to access it though... :(

Chris Burton
Head Bailiff
Head Bailiff

Postby Chris Burton » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:36 pm

I cant access this area either.
I love my job it pays for my fishing

Paul Webster

Postby Paul Webster » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:29 am

Acces isn't automatic, due to the fact there is no way I would have the membership database online. I have to manually check peoples details match up before granting access.

However you should now have access.

Also I have now set it so your membership number is not visible to other users when they look at your profile. If you think it should be visible let me know.

Return to “Website Updates”