Day Ticket Water

Any fishing related issues not covered by other categories.

Moderator: Azz25

Jam
New forum member
New forum member

Day Ticket Water

Postby Jam » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:37 am

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've had chance to even think about fishing!

However, I have the opportunity to go tomorrow (Sat).

Any good day ticket waters about at the moment? Not after carp particularily, just some good old fashioned float fishing for roach, bream, perch etc.

I was thinking about Lower Park in Beoley (Dagnall End Road), but they seem to have vanished off the web. Does anyone know if that place is still going?

Any other recs for a gentle day by the waters' edge? Arrow Valley Lake is out as I really can't be doing with constantly being bothered by walkers and dog walkers! lol.

Thanks in advance,

Jam
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett.

jon burton
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby jon burton » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 am

Just wondering why you dont visit one of the waters that ABAC membership entitles you to fish.This means that you dont have to pay on the bank or over extortianate prices at commercials...

The waters that Astwood bank have got are just as good if not better than most of the water filled holes in the ground you see around the worcesetershire area.

:? :?
Skilts/river arrow bailiff

jon burton
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby jon burton » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:50 am

oh i have been told that lower park fishery is no longer in business.

Thats what i have heard so dont take it as gospel as i dont Know the true facts.
Skilts/river arrow bailiff

Jam
New forum member
New forum member

Postby Jam » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm not actually a member of ABAC (yet). Otherwise I'd be taking advantage of those waters for sure.

Lower park is still open to day ticket fishing (I'm there now!). No matches are being held though.

Tight lines everyone.

Jam.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett.

Stu
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Postby Stu » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Jam,
A few day tickets venues I would suggest (for days you want to try somewhere else) include;

Alvechurch Fisheries
Cob House
Earlswood
Larford
Woodland View

I particularly like Larford's speci lake and Earlswood's Windmill lakes as they are big waters with a mix of species, including slabs!

richcherr
Forum member
Forum member

Postby richcherr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Hamstall Fishery in Hamstall Ridware, Staffordshire. might be a bit of a trek but everyone ive introduced to this venue has become a regular.

i'm also coming to the conclusion that for good old fashioned mixed fishing its time to get back to the canals and municipal park pools and of course the rivers (during the open season). the canals especially seem to be rammed with fish these days. i went to a random stretch of a canal a couple of years back with just a made-up rod, net and half a pint of maggots and caught countless roach and perch....great fun.

cheers

rich c
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

Return to “Coarse Fishing”